Monday, June 7, 2010

This Week's Menu Plan

Last week was filled with some great recipes and some not-so-great recipes. We loved the granola bars I made, the Amish Oatmeal Bake, the spinach and blueberry smoothies were tasty, as were the apple squares. Also, this recipe for egg salad sandwiches was a big hit with my husband.
What didn't work for us was grilling artichokes. We looked for weeks for artichokes in the grocery store and after finally finding them, the end result was disappointing. They just did not soften up and so we ended up wasting most of them. I also tried out making fruit leather from apple sauce. While my husband and I thought it was great, our son just was not liking the texture.
Aren't they pretty though?
Tough artichokes (the chicken and dip were great though)
Apple Sauce fruit leather...not so tasty for an 18 month old

Well, I do think they taste great, but since the little one didn't care for them, they don't make for a very good fruit snack substitute. I'll have to ditch that idea and try to think of something new.

We did try grilling up sweet potatoes this week. WHAT AN AMAZING DISH! I didn't take pictures, but trust me, slice those things up, put them in tin foil with some butter and salt and you will have a GREAT side dish for steak or any other grilling fare. Here's our menu for this week: Monday: D- meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes (both new recipes) Tuesday: B- Granola (new recipe) D- Leftovers Wednesday: B- Scrambled Eggs D- Skillet Enchiladas (new recipe), salad Thursday: B- Perpetual Pancakes D- Tuna Salad Sandwiches on Whole Wheat Rolls, Carrots, Apple Slices Friday: B- Granola D- Baseball Game...dinner at the stadium Saturday: B- Potato Pancakes, Sausages D- Birthday Party for some friends' kids Sunday: B- Butter Braid D- Homemade Chicken Nuggets and French Fries (new recipes)

What do you have planned for this week? Are most of your recipes tried and true, or are you adding in lots of new dishes? For more menu plans and recipes, check out I'm An Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

  1. I am not planned for this week- which is a huge problem! I'm going to scan back through your Meal Plans and see what I can come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy recipes!!

    I've never made artichokes -- you're brave to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails