Monday, June 14, 2010

This Week's Menu Plan

Ah, another Monday and another menu plan and grocery shopping day. Today is my bigger shopping trip to our neighboring town, while next week's trip should be fairly small as I will pick up most items today. We have a family camping weekend coming up this week, so I have a few dishes to make for a group of about 20. The women in my family really got detailed with our menu plan this year, which I think is great! A weekend of fun and great food sounds amazing to me! Last week we had some delicious dishes. Top on my list were homemade refried beans and skillet enchiladas. If you're looking a dish that is a 10 out of 10, those enchiladas from Amy are your best bet! I will share the refried beans recipe this week. Who knew making your own refried beans was so easy and tasty!
Mmm, the best enchiladas!
Oh-so-yummy refried beans
Here's the plan for this week
Monday:
B- Granola
D- Homemade Chicken Nuggets and French Fries (moved from last week)
Tuesday:
B- Scrambled Eggs
D- Leftovers Wednesday: B- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins (from the freezer) D- Spaghetti with Homemade Sauce and Meatballs (new recipe) Thursday: B- Apple Cranberry Granola (new recipe) D- Dinner Our (we will be gone all day and evening) Friday: B- Perpetual Pancakes Camping Weekend: Appetizer- Cowboy Caviar Main Dish- Seasoned Chicken for Tacos Snacks and Desserts: Crockpot Yogurt Oatmeal Chocolate Cake (new recipe) Homemade Chewy Granola Bars (new recipe) Oh, did I mention that I scored a TON of rhubarb at our Farmer's market no too long ago? I froze it and am so excited to use it all up!
Do you have any foods (like my refried beans) that you make from scratch and are extremely easy to make? I'd love to give them a try! Now I know that some of you make everything from scratch...so just one idea will be plenty :)
For hundreds of menu plans and recipes, head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

  1. Do you make your own hummus? This is something I always used to buy until I discovered how easy it was to make your own (especially once I had a food processor!) There are lots of great recipes out there - sun dried tomato is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea for rhubarb!!! :)

    have you made crockpot yogurt before, or is this week the first venture?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails