Monday, May 3, 2010

Getting Back Into The Swing of Things

It really has been a long time since I last wrote here.  For a while in December, I took a break from blogging and reading blogs completely.  We put our house on the market and were so busy with cleaning.  We also bought a new house that was in desperate need of a deep cleaning.  In early April we sold our house and we're now settling into life in our new home.  It is a big change for me because I am now staying home full time.  I do work part time still at my job, doing scheduling for a large hospital in the metro area, but they are letting me try working from home.  This is wonderful because we get to keep our son home full time (no day care costs!) and I am still bringing in some additional income for our family.  Although it's been challenging trying to get my work hours in with a busy toddler around, I have managed so far.  I am mostly doing my work during his nap time and a little during the early mornings and late evenings.  My husband and I love our new home and look forward to spending many years here.  In another post I will include some pictures of our place. 

As for healthy living...we are still doing our best.  It is definitely a challenge trying to fit in workouts and they have taken a back burner as I adjust to being a full-time stay at home mom.  I do take my son for walks to the park every chance we get, but I have yet to set up my workout area in this new house.  This is something I'm looking forward to doing in the next month or so. 

I am still trying to make great meals for our family and gradually improve upon the quality of recipes I cook.  One challenge we have had recently is that we're travelling to see family quite a bit and that lends itself to eating out more often.  I'd like to have a better meal plan in place to try and avoid some of those restaurant stops when possible.  My kitchen is amazing though!  Our last house had such a tiny kitchen and eating space, and I'm just ecstatic to have a more spacious place to prepare our family's meals.  It has been so much fun to cook there and I really feel like I'm starting to get into a great groove with cooking. 

So, that is the update from our household.  Where are you with fitness and nutrition in your life right now?  Have you had any big changes in your life that have caused you to change your routines? 

2 comments:

  1. yea! nice to hear about life :)

    I can't wait to see photos of your new place -- especially of the large kitchen!!

    We travel a lot too between visiting our families and have tried to avoid eating out while doing so by packing pasta salads and sandwiches that can be kept in the cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you the other day...glad to see you back! It sounds like there have been lots of exciting things happening in your life lately. I, too, find a big kitchen such an inspiring place to work in (the house I live in is fairly small, but the kitchen is a really good size and I am always so thankful for that!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails