Monday, May 17, 2010

Our Garden


Even though my new camera hasn't arrived yet in the mail, I couldn't resist taking some pictures after we planted in our garden this weekend.  It's my first time gardening, so it felt like such a great accomplishment to get those plants and seeds in the ground.  We're starting small, 8' x 4', but we're trying tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, beans, carrots, lettuce, onions, eggplant and cauliflower in that small space.  We also are trying the hanging basket of strawberries, two rhubarb plants and two raspberry bushes.  Now let's just see if anything grows!! 

Since this is my first garden, I was ecstatic to find out that I won a copy of Heavenly Homemaker's Guide to Gardening and Preserving in Kitchen Stewardship's giveaway!  My first time winning any blog giveaway. 

What about you: do you garden?  What is your number one tip in keeping your garden healthy AND organic?

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks great! My number one tip is - make sure that you leave enough room in between your plants. We learned that lesson the hard way - after losing 20 tomato plants to blight - yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails