Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grilled Broccoli

We've been grilling up asparagus for the last few weeks and this week we wanted to try something else. Knowing that my toddler sometimes will eat broccoli, I thought it was worth a try. While he did not eat it (not because it wasn't delicious, just being a toddler), my husband and I really enjoyed it. It has such a nice hint of lemon and the Parmesan cheese adds such a great flavor. I'm definitely going to make this again soon!
Grilled Broccoli
modified from AllRecipes
Ingredients
6 cups of fresh, chopped broccoli
juice of one lemon
2 T olive oil
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
1. Place broccoli in bowl. In another bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes (10 was all we had and it turned out fine!)
2. Put cheese in a large Ziploc bag. Add a few pieces of broccoli at a time, seal the bag and shake to coat.
3. Place broccoli in a single layer on a doubled-up piece of tin foil with the edges turned up. Grill 8-10 minutes on each side until broccoli is crisp-tender.

4 comments:

  1. oh, boy -- that sounds awesome!! Perfect for summer grilling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! Sounds delicious! I'll definitely be giving this a try once the broccoli is growing in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to use broccoli from your own garden I bet it will taste that much better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails