Friday, October 23, 2009

Fitness Plan Friday: An Introduction


As part of my Fit Family theme here at Mom Living Healthy, I'm introducing a fitness plan to correspond with my meal plans.  You may ask, why is a fitness plan necessary?  Well, being that I was in the Army for 8 years, I did learn at least one slogan in addition to "Be all that you can be."  That is:

A Failure to Plan is a Plan to Fail

While I do feel that planning for good nutrition is crucial for nurturing a healthy family, I think that a family's fitness often gets neglected.  Now, if you have an 11 month old son who is constantly on the move, you can rest assured that your child is fit.  However, what about you and your spouse?  What do you do to stay active and keep your body in healthy shape?  What about your older children?  It would be nice to think that just because children are young that they are also on the move, but childhood obesity in America is a serious problem. 

Don't worry, I'm not asking you to sign up for a marathon in three weeks!  I'm simply asking that you give some thought to at least a few times each week during which you and/or your family will participate in physical activity of some sort.

By no means is my family perfect right now.  We do make it to one walk per week together and I have been working out 2-3 times on my own.  As you can see, we have room for improvement as well. 

This is where Fitness Plan Friday comes in!  I encourage you to add a comment with your fitness plan for the week and I will do so too. 

Here are some guidelines:

1. Walking counts (as long as it is at a moderate pace or faster for you runners)
2. Shoot for 30 minutes of continuous activity per session
3. Plan for rest days as well!
4. Have fun- mix up your workouts and try something new! 

Since Mom Living Healthy is such a new blog, I will not be doing a Mr. Linky for this event yet.  Instead, just post your 7 day fitness plan in a comment.  If you do a post about Fitness Plan Friday on your blog, feel free to include a link in your comment and link back to Mom Living Healthy.  In future posts, I will discuss different workouts that I find to be quick and inexpensive. 

Without further ado, here is my plan for this week:

Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Family Trip to the Dog Park, 1 hour of walking
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Water Aerobics class, 50 minutes (class description to follow)
Wednesday: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD (review to follow)
Thursday: Pilates for Beginners DVD with Kristin McGee (review to follow)
Friday: Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails