Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How to Make Your Own Taco Seasoning Mix

I've always used the packets of seasoning for taco night until I looked on the labels and didn't like what I saw.  So, this week when my husband requested tacos for dinner, I decided to make our own seasoning mix.  Little did I know that it would be so easy!  My husband thought the mix tasted very similar to the store version, without the unhealthy additives.

This mix is so easy to put together, I don't think I'll ever buy the packets again!  Just put the ingredients into a small container, mix them up and they are ready.  I found this recipe at cooks.com and just love it!  Here's what I put it:

1 T chili powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. each ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, powdered oregano and sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

That's it!  This makes 3 tablespoons, which is the equivalent of the store packets.  I used this for one pound of beef.  Enjoy!

Do you make your own taco seasoning?  Do you have any other spices you add to your taco that I didn't list?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great - I am definitely going to try it. My DH is allergic to MSG and it is always difficult to find packaged foods like that without it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks great! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails