Friday, November 13, 2009

Fitness Plan Friday: Raking Leaves and Burning Calories


My Fitness Plan had a couple of detours last week.  One of them I blame on the yard full of leaves that we had to rake.  My husband and I each took turns raking the yard while the other one watched after our busy little guy.  I don't know what's a better workout, raking or running after a curious baby!  We had a fun time though and our little guy sure did like playing in the leaves and crawling down the hill toward the sidewalk.  He kept heading right for that hill, and then when he got to the bottom, he'd turn right around and try to climb up it.  It was a little too much of an incline for him though, so he usually only got about halfway up before he looked up at one of us to rescue him.  What a great chance to have family time and to be active.  Needless to say, after all that raking, we were beat and didn't do family Wii night.  I'd take a great afternoon outside with some manual labor over Wii though any day!

Here's my plan for this week:

Saturday: Family Trip to Dog Park, 1 hour of walking
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Walk to Local Park, 45 minutes of walking
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Wednesday: MTV Pilates Mix with Kristin McGee (review to follow) plus Family Walk
Thursday: Kari Anderson's Go Step: Step Workout for Beginners (review to follow)
Friday: Rest

Your turn!
Do you want to start making your health and fitness a priority? This week I encourage you to link up your own fitness plans with Fitness Plan Friday here at Mom Living Healthy. Don't worry, I'm not asking you to sign up for a marathon in three weeks! I'm simply asking that you give some thought to at least a few times each week during which you and/or your family will participate in physical activity of some sort. Making your fitness plan should be easy and take less than 5 minutes to do!

Here are some guidelines:
  1. Walking counts (as long as it is at a moderate pace or faster for you runners)
  2. Shoot for 30 minutes of continuous activity per session
  3. Plan for rest days as well!
  4. Have fun- mix up your workouts and try something new!
If you need some workout ideas, check out these posts:
Go ahead! If you want to use workout planning to help your family stay fit, link up your workout plan here. Just make sure to create a link on your post back to this post on Mom Living Healthy. Also, make sure you link up to your Fitness Plan Friday post, not your homepage. Plus, if you want, feel free to use my Fitness Plan Friday image above on your blog (just click and save, then upload it like you do a normal picture). I can't wait to see what you all have planned!

1 comment:

  1. I decided to start the 100 push up, 200 squat, and 200 sit up challenges. (hundredpushups.com) This will keep me busy for the next 6 weeks. I am also going to set a goal of going running twice. I haven't gone for a run for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails