Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Workout Wednesday: Community Education Classes

Do you want the social interaction and variety that a group fitness class offers without the monthly membership fee?  If so, community education classes might be the perfect fit for you!  As I discussed last week, I just finished a 6 week water aerobics class that our city offered. 

Here are some things that I like about taking community education classes:
  • I have one night out per week: The class met every Tuesday for an hour and for me that was a great chance to have one night per week where I got to do something for myself. 
  • The class sessions are short: I like that the class only lasted six weeks because I'm likely to get bored with something that goes on for longer periods.  This way I can try new classes.  If I don't like them, no problem!  It will be over in a few weeks and I don't have to repeat the class. 
  • Classes are inexpensive: I paid $35 for these six sessions.  This is WAY cheaper than a month's membership at my local gym!
  • There are so many classes to choose from: So far I've only tried the water aerobics class, but there are other swimming classes, yoga, pilates, aerobics, not to mention all of the other educational non-fitness classes. 
  • Going to class gives me something to look forward to: I enjoy my home workouts, but it can sometimes feel like I'm getting stuck in a rut with my fitness routine.  By signing up for the occasional community education class, I add variety to my workouts.  This challenges me both mentally and physically, which makes being fit much more enjoyable. 
So, if you're looking for a new workout, why don't you give community education classes a try!  If you're new, you can read more about Mom Living Healthy and my focus on being a fit family by checking out my posts on Fitness Plan Fridays.  I'd love for you to come back on Friday and post your fitness plan here too!

Also, these are some recent Workout Wednesdays: Why I'm Loving My Jillian DVD and No Gym, No Problem!

This post is linked with Works for me Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails