Sunday, November 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Thanksgiving Week


I have yet to post about it, but my Cowboy Caviar was the highlight of our menu last week.  It didn't last two hours at our family's get together on Saturday.  Zuppa Toscana came in a close second, and I will provide recipes for both of those dishes this week. 

This week's menu will be short and sweet.  We'll be leaving for the in-laws on Wednesday, so I'll only be cooking Monday and Tuesday for dinner.  Our Thanksgiving weekend at home will be so much fun!  We're baking cookies and having a great Thanksgiving meal together.  I always enjoy being with my husband's parents and siblings.  Having an amazing family is one thing for which I am definitely thankful.  Can't wait! 

Here is my menu plan for the week:
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday-Sunday: Meals at my in-laws

I just recently made the split pea soup and we loved it. Since my husband's mom loves it too, I'm going to make it again and bring her a batch as well.  Shhh, don't ruin the surprise :)

FYI- I will be taking a blogging vacation Wednesday through Sunday this week, as I'll be away from home.  I look forward to sharing with you our family's baking experiences...we always come home with plenty of treats for the holidays. 

What was your favorite dish from last week?  I'm always looking for new, healthy recipes! 


2 comments:

  1. Have a blessed week! Enjoy your time with your family and have safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Spending extra time with family is definitely one of the best parts of holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails