Friday, November 6, 2009

Fitness Plan Friday: Running with my Crazy Dog!


Last week's plan went really well!  I was a little worried that we wouldn't fit in our walk on Sunday, but my hubby, son and mother-in-law went for a stroll that afternoon.  It felt so great to get outside.  My son loved the fresh air, the sights outside and watching our dog running ahead of us.  My DVDs were fun and Thursday's run felt just amazing.  I decided to risk being pulled the whole way and took our dog with me on the run.  Yes, he did pull for most of the run, but somehow I managed to keep him under control by yanking on the leash about 1,000 times.  He really is the sweetest dog except for a couple of things, and leash pulling is one of them.  We just never got him to stop that, even with the dog training classes we took.  Oh well, having him along made it more of an adventure.  Since I haven't been running recently, I did run/walk intervals for 30 minutes.  I will gradually start to build up to distances with running only...that will tire out my crazy running dog for sure! 

Your turn!  Do you want to start making your health and fitness a priority?  This week I encourage you to link up your own fitness plans with Fitness Plan Friday here at Mom Living Healthy.  Don't worry, I'm not asking you to sign up for a marathon in three weeks! I'm simply asking that you give some thought to at least a few times each week during which you and/or your family will participate in physical activity of some sort.  Making your fitness plan should be easy and take less than 5 minutes to do!

 
Here are some guidelines:
1. Walking counts (as long as it is at a moderate pace or faster for you runners)
2. Shoot for 30 minutes of continuous activity per session
3. Plan for rest days as well!
4. Have fun- mix up your workouts and try something new!
If you need some workout ideas, check out these two posts:
Here's my plan for this week:
Saturday: Family Trip to Dog Park, 1 hour of walking
Sunday: Family Wii Night, 30 minutes each of Wii Fit 
Monday: Walk to Local Park, 45 minutes of walking
Tuesday: Water Aerobics (review to follow)
Wednesday: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Thursday: MTV Pilates Mix with Kristin McGee (review to follow)
Friday: Rest

Go ahead!  If you want to use workout planning to help your family stay fit, link up your workout plan here.  Just make sure to create a link on your post back to this post on Mom Living Healthy.  Also, make sure you link up to your Fitness Plan Friday post, not your homepage.  Plus, if you want, feel free to use my Fitness Plan Friday image above on your blog (just click and save, then upload it like you do a normal picture).  I can't wait to see what you all have planned! 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I need some accountablity in this area. Recently, I lost my accountability system and I am already in such bad shape. I need to link up, but I need to make a plan first!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails